Celebrities across the world are showing support for their communities and finding so many creative ways to help bring people together. We pulled some of our favorite stories from around the web for you below.
- Donated $1M to a Nashville University’s research efforts for a Coronavirus cure
- Launched “Reading with Dolly” Facebook Live sessions to read to children with the goal of inspiring children to love reading & quell their fears during quarantine.
George and Amal Clooney
- Donated $1M+ to various causes (organizations supporting actors and creatives, the Lebanese Food Bank, the Lombardo Italy region and the NHS.)
- Encouraged social distancing efforts by showing what he is doing during quarantine, such as hiking.
- Championed the efforts of charities he respects naming Feeding America, The Red Cross and World Central Kitchen in his Instagram Stories
- Milk Bar’s founder has been offering free live baking classes on Instagram daily at 2pm ET
- Surprised elderly shoppers in 44 Kroger stores in Atlanta and 29 Winn Dixie stores in New Orleans by covering the costs of their groceries during the elderly shopping hours at those locations.
- Gave $21K in tips to workers at an Atlanta restaurant while picking up takeout.
- Offered to pay the salaries and healthcare costs for the next three months for Grimey’s New & Preloved Music in Nashville which had been forced to close its doors due to the double aftermath of the Nashville tornado earlier this year and COVID-19.
Blake Lively & Ryan Reynolds
- Donated $1M to American and Canadian food banks
- Donated $400K to hospitals in New York
- Donating 30% of all bottles of Reynold’s gin brand, Aviation Gin, to bartenders who have lost work during the Coronavirus crisis
- Donated $10M to coronavirus relief, including $1M to America’s Food Fund.
Feeling inspired and want to share your own story? Email us: firstname.lastname@example.org